Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Anything But Time

Whew, it's been over a week since GNEW and I still have a lot of unpacking and reorganizing to do.   Pack out day at GNEW was insanely hot by 10 am and all my neat and orderly ideas were tossed out in lieu of getting it over with so I could sit down and be energy efficient until we had to leave.

I adore the warm weather we've been having, but I've come to discover (much to my profound disgust) that too much heat is a very bad thing for me.  Last year in June I was attending the Silver Kingdom Renaissance Festival in MA.  The majority of the fair takes place in a large open field where the only shade is provided by the merchant tents- by mid-day on the 2nd day, I was turning (I'm told) an interesting shade of pistachio, despite having been in loose and comfortable garb and drinking plenty of fluids.    After an hour of having the A/c set to arctic I realized how bad I had been feeling at the faire.   Tap dancing on the line of heat exhaustion is not something I recommend as a general rule.

So, on the final day of GNEW was one where I traded organization for expediency and now have to get everything back to the way it should be.   /joy

I think I mentioned my first official commission in the last blog entry?   After spending more time that I was expecting mixing color (who knew emerald green would be so blasted difficult to create?  >.>), I finished the pair of goblets.  My clients LOVED the pictures I emailed them and should receive their wedding goblets tomorrow in the mail.   I am so thrilled that I could be a small part of their big day!



Here's a quick snap of one of them!  They were very fun to do- after I had the right color  mixed >.>  

 Well, been sitting down with my feet up for two hours now- had to ice my ankle for the first time in a few weeks /sigh- so time to get back to unpacking, listing and taking pictures of my stock.   With luck I should be done by the weekend so I can start on painting again~  I have so much naked glassware to  paint, I should be fine for household items for the next year at least when I'm all done^^

1 comment: