Monday, August 1, 2011

New items!

I had a great weekend full of work, time with friends after and now a day off!   Of course, my days off are seldom true days off, but we all have that.  Housework NEVER ends.

Last week I finally finished editing and posting my latest glass work  and started working on another set of wine glasses.   Thanks to Antika Neuva, I have enough blank goblets and glasses to last a year at least.   She takes fiendish delight in hunting out new glasses for me to paint and alter.   It's scary sometimes just how much delight she takes in doing so now that I think of it...

One of my latest (and current favorite) goblets:


I've pretty much decided to focus on getting all the naked glasses that I have all over the house properly painted, listed and packed away before doing any more non-commission portrait work.  The glasses are, while not simple to do, easy enough to paint in bulk quantities and I quite literally have boxes piled up in my work area that my husband has very politely not said anything about.  

To be honest, I'm not sure if I should be proud or disgusted that my husband has learned the trick of silently nagging....  

So, Ganesha and Thoth are my last paintings for awhile. /sigh   


Ganesha Dancing in Acrylics


Thoth in Acrylics


So, Saturday after work I went over to a friend's house for dinner and to do some hair color for a few friends.  Very proud of my performance Saturday evening- 3 colors and one hair cut in 2 1/2 hrs!    An average color service takes anywhere from 45-90 minutes depending on type of color so very pleased with myself^^     I stayed the night in Hudson with a friend since at 10:30 I was not really up for a 90 minute drive back home.   

Sunday, I was home for all over 2 hours before having to leave for work and another get together with friends- this time a wonderfully fun Tarot and Pie Party.    Arrived home around 10:30 to be greeted with desperate puppy kisses from my dog Lucky- who, after determining that I was O.K. and still Me, deserved no further attention since I HAD LEFT HIM ALL ALONE and proceed to spend the rest of the night cuddling with my husband while giving me "See?  This is your fault." looks all night.   

Well, it's nearly 10am now, so I suppose I should get on with the rest of my day.   

Have a great day!  


1 comment:

  1. Miss Kate does get a certain maniacal glee out of enabling. I can see it in her eye everytime she says "Oh, I have a few fabric scraps for you" as she loads my car with garbage bag after garbage bag full.

    ReplyDelete