Sunday, May 26, 2013

"One loyal friend is worth ten thousand families" ~ Euripides

I love my husband, am grateful towards my in-laws for taking my husband in and raising him as their own when he was a child, but I am so glad that we're closing on the house this week and  moving in two weeks.

We rent from my FIL as many of you know and have for several years.  I shall be making offerings and lighting candles to every Saint I pray too and every superstition regarding welcoming the brownies/sprites into your home that I know in short order.

I'm that grateful. 

My FIL has apparently been fretting about a tree in the front yard and told SSG that he wanted to deal with it on Friday.

No mention that oh, your brother will be by Sunday morning and if you could help him out that would be great?

No knock on the door to let us know that they were here or that we could move the cars if we wanted too.  

The tree in question is near power and utility lines, BIL is not insured for that type of work and is a foolhardy idiot.  I sure hope his wife has a good life insurance policy on him.

Then the rest of my BIL's family arrived to "help with the clean up".

Still no knock on the door and we overheard someone whining that why weren't we out there helping.

Maybe because you didn't bother to inform us in a reasonable amount of time that you would be there.

So sorry, we're not at home to callers today.

No BIL is apparently bitching out my husband.  Oh, there will be blood.   So much.  It'll flow like wine.

/figuratively speaking, I'm quoting a book.  Not to be taken as a threat.  Idiot brother-in-law would take hyperbole as a threat.   

No comments:

Post a Comment