Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.~ Oscar Wilde



 Wow, it’s been a really long time since I bothered to post.    Don’t worry, I’ve pretty much been neglecting FB, G+ and SWTOR just as much.   Fell off the wagon where FF is concerned and am pretty much wallowing in FF14’s Eorzea these days.  

 As I might have mentioned in an earlier post (not sure, and not checking atm) - but in case I didn’t- I have been working part time since June.  22ish hrs a week.  Not in a salon, which still gives me a pang, but needs must and all that.   It helps that I adore the job and my coworkers, which is a constantly delightful surprise since I’m once again working retail.   

Still, it keeps me in liquor and wine.  Quite literally as I work for the NH Liquor Commission at their “flagship” store in Nashua.   Unlike every other retail and most salon jobs I’ve had, this one is pretty fun.   Having a great crew and management makes for a nice change.   

Things are a bit crazy now as we’re in the middle of our busiest month.   Historically, more people buy their alcohol in the lead up to Thanksgiving than they do during the Christmas season.  Don’t get me wrong, December is a busy month, but the day before T-day is our definite “Everyone’s Insane” Day.  

Being a kind and considerate sort, I’ve been warning our regulars that they might want to make their purchases before next Wednesday.   Of course, if this mean that I (and my coworkers) have less people to deal with on that day,  even better.  

 ~Slainte

No comments:

Post a Comment